4.09.2006
Went to bomber on wednesday with Isabel, got to watch Mobile and I can't recall the opening band but the lead singer was declared a tool by all. Mobile was actually pretty good they put on a nice show for the not really present crowd. Also we had a lovely spicy chicken wing eating contest in which people were crying and sweating and turning red and looking like they were in real pain. It was a nice way to see off Bomber since its CLOSED all summer which is super depressing...
Take note on how disgusted Amy looks lol... the creepy guy beside her would be the lead singer of the opening band... They were AMAZINGLY drunk, Isabel fed one of them cheesey garlic bread (in the she gave them bread kinda sense) then they kept loitering around us... (and by us I mean Isabel myself and the five guys we were sitting with AND the other like 10 or so girls and guys who we knew milling about). Creepy drunks are like stray dogs don't feed them they'll stick around

Charbel during the chicken wing eating contest, I believe this is one of his low points.

Taun, Isabel and myself. Asian pride man! I swear we were the only Chinese kids in that group... haha

Just a random large group shot :)
Anyways so I had a French exam this morning (Saturday) and I've actually been studying which I'm quite proud of. On Thursday however I took the best excuse in the world. I get an impromptu message from Schaming to go on a scavenger hunt and then instead of studying and reviewing my French verbs I'm driving around Waterloo with Steve, Lyle and Cassie looking for Pogs (which by the way can be located at J and J's on I think Weber). My saving point was my delusion that since Cassie is a French major the simple act of sitting in a car with her would make me better at french.
Pictures are pending on that one, but I can safely say that that scavenger hunt is the only reason I know that "se taire" means "to silence"
Currently I'm going slightly insane because I have a hacking dry cough, the kind which makes my lungs feel like their trying to escape my body which is causing abdominal and chest pain and my house smells oddly of burnt fish sticks (which is perplexing since the meat being cooked I think was either beef or chicken) and for a brief period of time the place was also filled with smoke.
Ah well, I got to watch fifth element cuz it was on TBS and thats happy. Some sadder notes, there is going to be a Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift, AND this is more happy a new indy film is coming out called "Guys and Balls" ... its about soccer, NOT gay porn :)
# posted by Diana: 12:53 a.m. |