header image

2.19.2006

Went back to the Tdot this weekend for a flurry of positive reasons. Friday called for a rush back to Toronto from work and hasty subway ride to U of T kids' place. Met up with Terence and hastily headed off to the Mod Club for a Silverstein Concert :) Scored myself a nice black tshirt with some wings and fetus' on it and got to not only watch an amazing Silverstein concert but The Reason and either Roses Dead or The Stick Up (both were opening but we only saw one and hell if I know which one I saw). I think aside from the chill atmosphere in the Mod Club and the awesome music the highlight HAS to be the Emo dancing we witnessed. I don't even know how to describe it and I assure you I can't act it out. Its some what reminiscent of the dancing in the Fall Out Boy video Dance Dance... There is a lot of leg kicking out and weird... just weird cuz its like 7 emo kids doing this then they'd ALL stop and then start again... This is of course right behind the "mosh" pit where eleven year olds are throwing themselves into each other with pushing and punching action. Violent little kids... definately forgot it was all ages and then we were surrounded by prepubescent children and I was quite quickly reminded...

This was a STARK difference to my saturday night. The original plan was to hit up Level night club so of course that didn't happen cuz we were in runners. Whatever walk down the street with all the clubs and figure out prestige, and this is london probably won't let us in, lot 332 is 21 up and tonic has said no. Into a taxi and off to guvernment we go. Never been there before so hell if I knew what to expect. The place is effing huge compared to Waterloo clubs (no surprise) but OMFG it was CRAMMED with old asian people. Now normally when I'm in loo and I say old I mean like EW 30 year olds... no I would have preffered the 30 year olds at least that I can occasionally delude myself into believing they're like 25. No this was like 45 year olds and *shudder* It was just gross and wrong. So much old sweaty man and we got there at like 1 am so my buzz is definately shot and the bar is closed at 2. I don't think you can physically drink enough in that period of time to make that disturbing aspect go away. Aside from that gross visual there were cute boys and decent music what with a techno room and a hip hop room.

Now back in waterloo quite sick in my opinion from MOT and Phils I do believe and thinking that I'm going BACK to Toronto for the upcoming weekend (I know how gross is that two weekends in a row... but it is reading week so its not like anyone is around). I'm thinking of hitting up the mall on Friday and then Saturday is skiing and Jay's bday dinner. Sunday back in the loo for a basketball game and the cycle of cracked out life begins again and I'm back at work -_-;; Oh God. I can't believe its nearly been 2 months. I can't wait to be paid.

# posted by Diana: 9:35 p.m. |