header image

5.29.2005

Good weekend :) Went to anime north. Stories to follow...

Friday:

first thing first, I lose my brand new contact lense... why? cuz I'm that 1337 lol so ended up calling my mom home early to help look then going to joyce's house a TAD earlier then planned *cough half hour* so I get there at 11:30 vs. 12:00 which was the original plan. I arrive just as she wakes and spend the remainder of the time there fiddling with webpages and getting told i got there too early. Head of to Anime North where we have fun walking back and forth and setting up her table of amazingness. Ran into a LOT of screaming fan girls... holy mofo you'd think they say a celebrity instead of a tshirt that says "got yaoi". Saw an UBER hot Ichigo *drool* pictures to arrive later and some other hot things and some not so hot things. Much of the shopping was done anddd then we went home. (yeah not uber special but entertaining)

Saturday

So, today was the day of awesomness. Why? cuz first of all it started out effing early and we were out and about heading to Ken L's as he was to drive us. First I pick up Bren then we have to head back cuz she forgot her wallet. Then I go pick up Sabel and we head off to Ken's place. We pile into the car and head off to a bank when crappity crap crap I realize I've forgotten my pass at home (this equals to detour 1) this spurs Isabel to remember she has forgotten her pass (detour 2) so we head off to Sabel's to get her pass and print off some new directions so we can know how to get there from my house. Drive to my house get pass follow new instructions all is good. That is until I forget to tell Ken to turn onto Finch, no problem we'll just go via Shepard (this actually works out fine) so we get onto the 401 and drive along with these crazy arse instruction changing from express to collectors every so miles (american instructions -_-;;). lalala driving along, then we find out we have to get off at Bathurst and Avenue which in itself was messed since it was two different exits. Anywho we ended up getting off at the Keele exit since we didn't want to be lost on the highway and ended up travelling up and down keele (which is bad cuz we were trying to go west) Ended up taking some wonky turn that brought us back to where we started at an intersection we passed like 10 minutes ago. Drove back on the highway and somehow ended up getting off at the right exit and getting to the convention center. I was quite proud. This was all heavily punctuated with us not being able to tell where and which roads we were on cuz the maps we were using had no street names (the number of arguements we had about weston cuz its a city and we kept driving by signs about weston exits -_-;;)

So we get to the convention center and end up in a large discussion on where we can park, we figured parking under the sign stating we could be towed was bad so we parked at the Fox Bistro (which we now dearly love) We waited in line for a bit got some tickets and passes and went shopping nothing too exciting happened we had Kelsey's for lunch had a creepy angry waiter, watched a bit of anime and then went on a random drive trying to find an LCBO and ended up at the airport (which has an LCBO might I add). Headed back to the convention and watched the masquerade with some interesting improv. Now the masquerade is always an interesting event what with its terribly skimpy costumes and innane confusing presentations but I think the highlight was most definately the NINJA SHUFFLE! (which I still don't understand but I'll leave at that) Headed out got some glow sticks and went to a jpop dance where we had to accost people for string (which didn't happen). Drove home somehow ended up on Finch at Weston and took a residential route home.

Good Times. and there was a hot Cloud.

# posted by Diana: 5:18 p.m. |