header image

4.28.2005

Third day of work... it was eventuful. LIES ... well semi lie. I spent two hours filing, literally how crazy is that? Then did like 15 minutes of training, 1/2 hour of interviewing some 50 year old man, hour and ahlaf of tutoring english (which isn't my job WTF) and anohter 45 minutes of "checking" emails faxes and voicemails. So how exciting is my job?

Oh what! I forgot the best part!! I set off the alarm. Now I know what you all must be thinking, its prolly something like "WTF" which I believe was Mok's reaction when I told him on msn earlier. Let me tell you a story. Okay I think rule one of dealing with new employees is tell them what they are doing. So when I'm the first person into the building not only do I have no idea what opening procedures are but I'm welcome to the scary surprise of an alarm going off. No not any alarm but the security alarm. Of course I have no password to make this alarm go off aside from some fleeting memory of what the girl training me the day before did. She punched in a code and said "don't worry, if you forget just ask someone." Great advice when I'm the first person in. So I get some happy phone calls from the security system and my boss as I finally figure out how to shut off the blasted thing (is it a good thing I guessed the code?)

Anywho thats my adventure of the third day of work, setting off the building security and spazzing out at the poor dude who had to call the place and check up. *nods* It was an interesting day

# posted by Diana: 6:17 p.m. |