4.26.2005
So today was the first day of work and as always it was le suck. lol is it really that surprising? walked in and the first thing I'm told is I'm teaching English. Bam that was a low blow. Then I realize I'm surrounded by people who speak Cantonese over English, add to my joy as I now stand their dumbfound. Overall not a bad day of work I suppose, its all simple work that a monkey could do (i.e. check email... this should take me an hour, oh whoop de bleeping joy). The thing thats driving me up the wall is the work hours. So I work Monday to Friday 11-5 except Wednesdays where I work 1-8. This equates to 31 hours which is 9 hours less then the 40 I want to work. So my options? Ask to work an extra hour a week which only puts me at 36 but thats an extra $40 a week, $160 a month and $640 in my entire work term. Or I can cut back that hour and hope to god I can score some form of a retail job which will let me work 5- close on weekdays minus wednesdays and whatever time they want on weekends. Neither of these options are quite as happy as I'd like them to be.Blah I need to make $5000 over this coop term how le suck is that?
Anywho the schedule is tentative for May and June only, and I wonder if it will be any better July or August. Cuz if I work 9 hours short of my target per week for 2 months that means I need to somehow cover 180 hours in two months... so basically instead of working an 8 hour day I need to work a 9 hours day ... or is it 10 hour day? I Don't know its all crappy. I don't even know how to deal with this. So much stuff to figure out
Also still trying to figure out if I'm going to do bartending school Its the 27'th now (although my post will say 26) and I need to hand in a form by the 31st. So totally not enough time especially since I need to shell out $150 for the course as well as $45 for a cert and whatever random money its going to cost me to commute to the DT every sunday. Oh joyful bliss. World why do you hate me?
This is going to be an interesting summer to say the least. Must make more money. Or spend less...
Which brings me to story number two. Went shopping on Saturday with Bren and Sabel. We spent over $600 cumulativley. With Bren spending the bulk of it. Good day though, perused Sephora, purchased a whack load of clothes, ate at the rainforest cafe, had some subway adventures, ate gelato, slept over at bren's, had dinner at sabel's. All in all good. If only it hadn't cost me like $200 to do it all. Oh well I love my clothes... now to get matching shoes.
# posted by Diana: 11:53 p.m. |