header image

4.19.2005

Its nearly 5 am on my last day in University of Waterloo as a first year. I'm surprisingly awake conidering I slept quite little the previous day due to exams and interviews but I think its because it is the last day I don't want to miss anymore time here.

I think I can safely say that this year has been one of the best years of my life. I think i truly lived in certain moments while here, I've been able to experience a lot of things that I never thought was possible and I've met so many people whom I never want to forget or lose - although it is inevitable. I've been able to recieve so much in sight on myself and the way that I am. It has truly been an adventure.

Who can I even begin to say thanks to for making this year the way it was. Realistically there is no point in saying it since you know if you made an impact or not. Just thanks.

I am going to miss residence quite a bit actually, the close proximity of people, the easy access to precooked food, the short walk to class. This in itself was something I would never be willing to give up, this experience, this escapade.

I'm so scared that when I return home I'll lose the experience the moments of living the brief pauses where everything is just right and nothing matters and living is life where as usually acting is life. I'm going to miss it here and while its only four months so much can change I can honestly say I'm scared.

South 3, East 4, V1 caf, Tim Hortons, SLC, Williams Coffee Pub, how I adore thee. When you get wherever you are going, take a moment, take a breath, let the sun set, grab a friend and walk. What you'll find is beyond amazing.

"just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

# posted by Diana: 4:50 a.m. |