9.15.2004
I'm beginning to feel a little nostalgic for home. I can hear the guys on the floor above us and I'm just thinking "wow mike is really loud today" when really its just like 20 guys upstairs.I suppose I've settled into university life decently, classes have started and I'm sadly ahead of my readings. Still we stay up late and wake up early and inevitably we find that my entire house is truly getting sick with mono, colds, throat infections and coughs.
As of now I find all my teachers are good, a little quirky but fun and passionate about their subjects. Book costs are piling up as they are making us purchase lab manuals, course notes and what nots. Computer science lectures aren't intereswting but at least with the labs we get to experience macintosh. Management class is like business all over again with the stock trade game and everything. Psychology is enjoyable, the teacher is entertaining and it is a subject I enjoy. Tomorrow Japanese andmy arts seminar will become my new classes.
Well either way I still miss home, I miss getting up for the crappy school bus going to school seeing people and doing all my crazy extra curriculars. I won't be heading back until october either and it seems so far away, yet ironically the end of first term seems like it'll be approaching so quickly. Take it all day by day I suppose.
Sadder night I don't know if I can make it to Commencement we'll see depending on my japanese tutorial. This is ofcourse not to say I won't be coming back, I just might be missing the main event.
I hope everyone else is doing well and that they are having the time of their lives like they should be.
# posted by Diana: 1:21 a.m. |